Looking to file a Unemployment Insurance Benefit Claim in the state of New Jersey? Or maybe your looking for a job? Please visit www.njuifile.net
to learn more about this state sponsored benefit web portal. NJUIFILE allows a user to file for an unemployment claim or reopen an exisitng claim, file for continued benefits or update your direct deposit or address. Please note that in order to file a continued claim you will need to be online between 7am (EST), to 6pm (EST), Monday through Friday and Saturday and Sunday 8:00am through 3:00pm. If your not online at that time you will be unable to file the claim online.
When filing your claim online make sure you have the folliwng information at your desk as it will be REQUIRED to start the process:
- All of your work was in New Jersey in the past 18 months
- You did not work for the federal government in the past 18 months
- You did not serve in the military in the past 18 months
- You did not work as a maritime employee in the past 18 months
- You do not reside outside the United States
- You do not want to reopen or file an Extended Benefit Claim
NJUIFILE can be reached at the following phone numbers; (732)761-2020, (201)601-4100 or (856)507-2340. Out of State residents may call (888)795-6672. If you need to speak with a customer service state agent please call between the hours of 830am to 400pm Monday through Friday. Please do not call on state holidays (Christmas, Presidents Day, Labor Day, etc) as the service will not be available. Total taxable Unemployment Insurance includes: Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, Disability During Unemployment Insurance (DDU) benefits received as a substitute for UI benefits, Paid Family Leave Insurance (FLI) benefits, Trade Readjustment Allowance (TRA) benefits. NJUIFILE is funded with tax payer dollars. Please note that the information you provide is private and cnoot be released to general public accpt under court order or when federal law demands it.
to access your 1099-G statement you will need:
- Your PIN from your current claim (if you have one); or
- Your State of New Jersey issued Driver's License or Identification Card; and
- The User ID and Password which you created to access the UI Self-Service application (if you have not created a User ID and Password, you must first do so)
If you encounter any difficulties with your User ID or your Password, after trying to self-correct them, or, if you have not yet established a PIN and do not have a New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicle (DMV) issued driver's license or a DMV issued identification card, or if you cannot remember your PIN, you should contact a Reemployment Call Center at: (732) 761-2020, (201) 601-4100, or (856) 507-2340. Out of State claimants may call: (888) 795-6672.